Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Festive's Favorites: Ashley Blake Photography

Here at Festive Designs, we LOVE to give vendor recommendations! We've decided to begin integrating these amazing vendors into our blog via a series of entries called Festive's Favorites! We hope you enjoy them and consider these fantastic people for your next special event!!

Meet one of Festive's Favorites: Ashley Blake of A.Blake Photography! After spending just a few moments with Ashley, that little voice in your head will pop up and say, "Hey, I like this girl. I think we could be friends. I hope she wants to be my friend!" She's just so cool. We love a tall blonde who is smart, talented, caring, and down-to-earth! We think you'll love her too....

FD: How would you describe your photography style?

AB: Simply Creative... I like to keep things simple with how I approach a shoot or wedding because it allows me to truly have a more enjoyable time and maximize my creativity. I always strive to utilize the natural lighting available as well as whatever scenery "props" are around because my goal is to let my work speak for itself. I truly love what I do and I want to make sure that I stay true to who I am as a person when I step out with my camera...I am simple and I am creative.

FD: What is your favorite moment of the day?

AB: I have such a soft heart for the father-daughter dance after having a beautiful little girl myself. There is something so emotional about this dance because I often sense the struggle of a father's love letting go of a daughter who is growing up and marrying the perfect man for her. All too often I have tears streaming down my face while I snap this moment because I know it will be here before I know it for my own daughter.


FD: What advice to you give your bride and groom to have the best possible day/wedding photos?

AB: I always ask my clients what their hopes are for the day. After all, you only get married once, and I want to make sure they get exactly what they want. With that said, I encourage my couples to ensure they mesh perfectly with their photographer and DJ since so much of their time on the day of is spent with both. The photographer in a sense kind of runs the show (with the help of all the amazing wedding planners) from the start of pictures to the reception and from the reception on is the DJ. It's so important that couples enjoy their photographer's and DJ's personalities since the majority of the day is spent with either one. Also, I encourage my couples to take engagement pictures because this shoot helps eliminate the nerves and slight awkwardness we all have in front of the camera, especially before the wedding. I get a great sense of their personalities as well as what makes them laugh while they get a feel for how I work/interact with them. All in all, it's a great time full of laughter and it helps build a friendship between the couple and myself before the wedding.



FD: How long have you been in business?

AB: I have owned my business for almost 7 years now. I was blessed to study/train under 2 other photographers before I took the leap out on my own and it's been an amazing journey since!



FD: Where are some of your favorite venues, locations, places to shoot?

AB: As I mentioned earlier, I am a sucker for natural light. I find that I tend to gravitate towards textures, colors, old buildings, barns and trees since the options are endless with them all. With that said, I have always loved the Santa Margarita Ranch. Over the last few years, I have shot there a ton and I always seem to find new and fun places to shoot. I like when places keep me on my toes and challenge me to find new, creative venues to shoot. I also love Bishop's Peaks or this overgrown field in north county- but I am always on the look-out for new and exciting places to use for a shoot.


Ashley, her husband, and her baby belly
Ashley & her beautiful family!
Here are a few shots of a recent wedding we did with Ashley!



No comments:

Post a Comment