Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Festive's Favorites: Two Little Birds Bakery

We've got another FAVORITE to share with you all!

We love working with Lauren of Two Little Birds Bakery! And it's not just because I've known her since high school....but because she's got the perfect mix of talent, professionalism, and friendliness. She goes with the flow when challenges arise, suggest great ideas when the brides aren't sure what they want, and always greets you with a smile! Plus, (how could I forget) her stuff tastes AMAZING! The texture of her cupcakes will knock your socks off! Get to know her.....

FD: How would you describe your personal pastry style?
TLB: Two Little Birds Bakery focuses mainly on homestyle baking. While the cakes are beautiful, it is more important to me that they taste fantastic. Our cakes are all from scratch, use a lot of butter, and are always made fresh for every event. When an individual takes a bite of our cake, I want it to take them back to the way their Mother's baking used to be, simple and delicious.



FD: What advice do you give your bride and groom to have the best possible day/wedding cake?
TLB: If I had to give advice to the bridal party, it would be to trust your vendors, and enjoy your day. We are all trained in our specific trade, and it is extremely important to us that your day turns out perfect. We will make sure that your day is everything you have ever dreamed of. Oh, and also, make sure you take some cake with you back to your hotel that night. It makes for a great late night treat.



FD: How long have you been in business?
TLB: Two Little Birds Bakery will be open three years this August.

FD: Where are some of your favorite venues, locations, places to work?
TLB: I love to work in rustic settings, such as Santa Margarita Ranch, Thatcher Winer, or pretty much anywhere with a barn. Maybe thats just because thats how I envision my wedding. My favorite weddings are where we set up dessert bars, and are able to feature everything we do, not just wedding cakes. Cookies make for great goodies to treat your guests to at the end of the night.

 FD: What is your favorite flavor of cake?
TLB: Asking me to pick my favorite type of cake is like asking a mother if they have a favorite child. I guess if I HAD to choose I would probably either pick the chocolate with a white chocolate cream cheese, or the strawberry champagne with a cream cheese filling.

FD: What other services does TLB offer?
TLB: Like I mentioned before, Two Little Birds Bakery does not just offer wedding cakes, but we also offer cupcakes, pies of any flavor, brownies, lemon bars, berry cobbler bars, a variety of fresh cookies, and any other dessert you may want for your special day. I will not say no to your ideas, so even if it is your great grandmother's special recipe that you want made, I will do it. What is most important is that the bride has the day that she has always envisioned, and the yummiest desserts that anybody has ever tasted at a wedding.
Lauren surrounded by her delcious creations!
Wedding cake by Two Little Birds Bakery - Flowers by Festive Designs

More of Lauren's creations:





No comments:

Post a Comment