Saturday, March 12, 2011

Festive's Favorites: Joe LaBarbera Sound

Hola! So we've got another one of Festive's Favorites for you! We love to put some of our most favorite Central Coast wedding vendors under the spotlight- 1. Because they're awesome and deserve it! 2. Because we hope that it may cause you to consider using them for your next special event! 
Meet Joe of LaBarbera Sound! Joe is one of the best for SURE. I think one of my favorite things about Joe is  his calm presence. He's not laid-back in a "Oh whatever goes" kind of way, but in a "I'm confident that I know what I'm doing, so you can relax" kind of way. In the past, I've run up to him at a wedding with a mini crisis on my hands, and in seconds he's found a solution, rolled with the punches, and somehow managed to ease my stress. Who wouldn't want to have that kind of a guy at your wedding (for your sake, and your vendors')! Oh, plus all the other good stuff....he knows how to read a crowd, he's professional, experienced, and friendly! Voila! The whole package! 


FD: How long have you been in business?  
JL: More then 20 years. After watching my expansion and growth in the craft of MC / DJ I must say that experience  matters. There a little things I know and use today, that I had no idea about even after 10 years into my role as a DJ.



FD: What would say is your personal DJ style?  

JL: In a few words- Clean, Tasteful, Fun, Sophisticated, Appropriate, Intuitive, and on the mark. That said, I think we can not separate who we are as people, from what we bring to the craft of being a remarkable MC/ DJ for a wedding. So here are a few bullets about me: I love, love, love my wife. We are both into yoga- she more than me. We love to travel. In addition to the wedding business, I have worked internationally for 26 years with world class winter sport athletes and the media for a European company. My roots are in Italy. I grew up in a well-known  Italian Restaurant family -  my father and his two brothers owned  a restaurant called LaBarberas in West LA for 45 years!  I love people. I love family. I love celebrations.  I have been into sports all my life and still surf, ski, bike, hike and swim... My wife and I are going back to Bali for our 5th anniversary. I try to live life to the fullest and set my own rules!



FD: What is your favorite moment during the wedding day? 
JL: There are a few... watching the groom's face as the bride comes down the aisle,  a parent's sweet and sentimental toast, and hearing a comment from a guest  that notices the sometimes subtle and positive impact I have made on the event. Music and timing can change the mood of a room, group and party, I love that!



FD: What advice do you give your brides & grooms in order to have the best reception possible?  

JL: Do not stress- it can be contagious and spread around your event. Let go. After hiring real wedding professionals  just let go and enjoy. Wedding professionals like myself are passionate about what we do, and we enjoy making your wedding the biggest success.  I have done hundreds of weddings and I treat my clients as if the were close family or one of my best friends and I have their best interest in mind. 



FD: What are your favorite venues to work at?   
JL: The Central Coast is filled with great venues. Really,  from the picturesque  winery to the coastal & city center hotels  and many rural country barns - we have so many unique and fabulous venues. I would say find one that you think will work for you. In the end, of course the venue, flowers, the lighting & food etc. enhance your wedding and are important but IT IS REALLY ABOUT FRIENDS AND FAMILY GETTING TOGETHER TO CELELEBRATE THE PEOPLE THEY LOVE. Your choices of venues and wedding professionals should reflect this,  as I have always said "Fun people have fun parties."  No matter what!


This is one of my favorite pictures of Joe- at a Winter Wonderland wedding we did- he let us just COVER his booth with Christmas cheer! Isn't it a riot?!
Photo by Colleen Rosenthal

Some great shots by Cameron Ingalls
On one of his many winter sport adventures....
Joe with Olympian Miss Vonn

No comments:

Post a Comment