Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Festive's Favorites: Colleen Rosenthal Photography

We have SO many favorite vendors on the Central Coast...I couldn't wait to share another one with you!
Colleen has a style that truly her own. She really does capture *moments*- not just the day. It is clear that Colleen genuinely wants your photos to be the best they can be. Her maternal vibe is so comforting to have around when you're stressed...she tells you you're beautiful, tames that stray hair that's flying straight up, and before you know it, she blends right into your family. Speaking of family, Colleen has taken every Christmas card photo of my family since I can remember. My high school and college graduation photos too! If you see a photo of me on the internet, chances are she took it! Get to know this amazing woman....



FD: How would you describe your photography style?

CR: I love people and connections between people. Those moments are the "holy grail" of my work. It follows that my photography is emotional. I am not impressed by work that is contrived. I will always default to recording as apposed to orchestrating. For me value of the image is directly proportional to its honesty, the "back story" of what was really going on. Our brides and grooms are not models. They are unique beings who have found what everyone seeks, a loving partner.

FD: What is your favorite moment of the day?
CR: There is an abundance of wonderful authentic moments at a wedding. I never know when my favorite moment of a wedding day will be. It is always different, and I love the constant possibllity of that moment surfacing.


FD: What advice to you give your bride and groom to have the best possible day/wedding photos?
CR: I only advise my brides and grooms when moments present themselves. If I can ease a tense moment for example, I might offer a humorous note or make a comment on gratitude. The surest way to have great photos is to be taking photos of people who are genuinely in the moment. That is people who are not posing.

FD: How long have you been in business?
CR: I have been a professional wedding photographer for 15 plus years.


FD: Where are some of your favorite venues, locations, places to shoot?
CR: Anywhere can be my favorite place to shoot if the light is beautiful!



Colleen in action!!
Enjoy some of Colleen's photos from recent weddings we have done together:





No comments:

Post a Comment